Thursday, October 06, 2005

Was the world always this scarey...

or am i just better informed?

The mounting reports of missing people, heinous crimes and senseless murders, at times, really "gets" to me. My earliest childhood recollections are of feelings of empathy and compassion for others, as well as wishes and prayers for "fairer" world.

I've mentioned how concerned I am for the return of Natalee Holloway, for peace for her family, and for justice to prevail.

News, today, about the discovery of the body of Taylor Behl has me down. The circumstances and suspects involved paint such an evil picture of the world.

And I reflect on the way I threw caution to the wind from the age of 15, until I was almost 30. I never valued the characteristics, "older and wiser", but my appreciation has grown by leaps and bounds this summer.

I would be the last person to be described as lucky... but perhaps I truly am.

1 comment:

Shmoop said...

Grrrrl... I know! I think and feel the same things. It's so incredibly sad. I feel lucky to have never been in the wrong place at the wrong time. I feel like God has always looked out for me, in spite of my own stupidity, and I'm trying to make it up to Him now!