Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Time Flies... or does it?

It seems like just yesterday... that it was Christmas, and the first of the year. What happened? Everyone I know over 40 will tell you, the years pass quicker and quicker.

Collectively, I believe that feels true.

But there are days that fly... and days that crawl.

I mean, a pleasurable day doing things you love to do... or for that matter, a sick day spent in bed watching judge shows and Dr. Phil... are over before you know it. Literally, sometimes, before you're even hungry for lunch... it's 4pm.

And then there are days like today. Don't get me wrong... it was a good day. It was a very productive day spent in good company. In fact, I was reunited in a meeting with an old and family friend, over a new business project in which we are both parties. It's an exciting project and I took an immediate liking to the client.

The day was just spent... out of place. Time was spent waiting on other people, and I guess work for me lately has been fast paced, putting at least one fire out an hour. Today was completely different. The pace was hurry and wait and hurry and wait.

My boss (who I really like, respect and get along with really well) and I left early and travelled 130 miles to meet with a client, contractor and civil engineer. As the meeting was productive, so was the trip, pleasant.

I guess I'm just not used to NOT having a fire under my butt all day. I wish I could have enjoyed the less pressured day... and in some ways I did, but it also made the day seem LONG.

I'm just glad to be home.

No comments: