Sunday, May 14, 2006

My Sweet New Bike: Schwinn Suburban Sport

My Sweet Comet gave me a special Mother's Day Gift this year!

No, she didn't drain her savings account to buy me a 'sweet new bike'. She gave me an even greater gift. She gave me the time to ride it.

I bought the bike on Thursday, and she was none too happy about my ride that evening. She didn't so much as greet me at the door when I arrived back home from the ride.

But beginning on Friday, she has begun to graciously accept a treat and a scratch of the head upon my departure, and to bark joyfully upon my return.

I'm blessed to have a great friend and riding buddy, and in spite of sore hindsides, we are well on our way to an established daily commitment and regimine. We even adjusted our routine today to accommodate the impending afternoon storms. We've had a lot of fun, and we make great exercise partners because we have similar lifestyles and share similar goals: We're both extremely busy with our professions. We want to get in better shape, can't afford to injure ourselves, and are both attuned to the "fuel" element of exercise and recuperation.

More on my friend later (with her permission!)... I owe her a tremendous debt of gratitude. For now, let's just say that she's helped me return to the person I've always been. She's truly gifted, and I'm honored to have her as a friend. Otherwise, I don't think my mind would have been open enough to accept her gifts!

No comments: