Monday, March 06, 2006

Grief for Greta? Or Purposeful Remarks...

I read Scared Monkeys everyday, and more days than not, I agree. Today, though, the Monkeys are giving Greta grief over her "I'm inclined to agree with him." comment.

When I first heard her say it, I'll admit that I groaned out loud. But now, having had a little time to process her remark, and having had a chance to read her email response (see below), my thoughts have changed.

E-mail No. 21
Miss Van Susteren,I almost dropped dead when i heard you say you believed that punk, Van der Sloot. He had six months to make up a story. How can you be so gullible? No one else who seen your interview with this punk believed him.You backstabbed Mrs. Twitty, you should be ashamed of your self, you brainless idiot. You just lost six viewers. Mr. Santo

ANSWER: I almost dropped dead at your e-mail — to use your words. Apparently you have a potato in your ear. I did not say I believe him. What I said is that I am "inclined to believe him... that this is an ongoing investigation and a new fact could arise which would change all my views." I don't believe anyone until this is solved. No one should. I have my eyes wide open but if someone provides me information that is worthy of belief (consistent with known evidence), I am inclined to believe it but I leave the door wide open in case other evidence points at guilt. That is what I said ("get that potato out of your ear!") Backstabbing arises if I am intellectually dishonest. A criminal investigation is not about picking sides, it is about trying to get the facts. Beth knows that I want to solve this case — but we need to make sure we get the truth, whatever it is. She wants the truth. I want the truth. Incidentally, I have worked hard to help find the facts. Can you explain to me what you have done to help Beth and her family? So far it appears your time on this matter is limited to sending a nasty e-mail? If you can't think of any way to help, let me help you come up with an idea. You could start by helping Texas EquuSearch. They need financial
help. Go online to their Web site and contribute.

Perhaps Greta's comment was intended to keep the door open with Joran, maybe even to bait the Kalpoes into talking to her. After all, if 2K begin to see the tide of public opinion changing, perhaps they would like to clear their name, as well.

I could be wrong. Who knows?! I firmly believe, though, Greta is one smart cookie. I believe there is a purpose for her remarks.

And that reminds me of one of my Mother's sayings, "You draw more flies with honey, than vinegar". Just a thought.

No comments: