Thursday, February 02, 2006

To Blog or Not to Blog

My friend JAGG and I had a long conversation today about blogging. We agreed to get back on the horse, so to speak.

It's hard to blog without a participatory audience. We have many mutual friends, who read our blogs and email or CALL us on the phone to laugh or share, or in my case, to debate sentiments. But it's hard to maintain the daily grind without written comment.

My problem is direction. I'm a news and talk radio hound... and I always have a retort or something to add. And yet, my life is insane and there is a silly and light-hearted side of me that just wants to share a laugh.

I remember a time, last summer, when I listed one of my favorite sites (blogroller) as a link to this blog. And the next day, this fairly well-known blogger waxed poetic about the reasons that every blog that rolled him, could not be endorsed. Of course, I took it personally... and yet, I had no idea at that time that he would even know I listed him!!!

Whatever!

I still read his blog, almost, if not every day. But everytime I read, I think... what nerve... to presume I wanted to follow in his genre, much less to think I was listing him to be listed myself! What a ---k!

No comments: