Friday, February 17, 2006

The Bushes and their Quayle (errrr Quail!)

And as I sit here, reviewing the week in my mind... there is just so much to blog about:

Poor Cheney and the Quail Hunting Incident.

First, I "come from" a bloodline of hunters. Now don't misunderstand, I could not and would not participate. But I understand that hunting is more about camaradery than killing. And I know he feels absolutely terrible. He said it was one of the worst days of his life, and I don't doubt it.

My thoughts:

  1. Since when was it the responsibility of the newsmaker to report the news to the media? Are they getting too lazy to do their own jobs? I know I can't count on anyone to do my work for me!
  2. Are politicians and other public figures not allowed to have hobbies and interests, or fun, for that matter? There seems to be a lot of discussion about that. I've heard people express concern that the Vice President would take part in such a dangerous activity, given that it could have been HIM that was shot. But then... these comments were made by people who don't find any redeamable quality in him. What's their point?
  3. What is it with the Bushes and their Quayle... errrr Quail Incidents?

No comments: