Friday, August 05, 2005

Wedding Crashers... My Review

Along with my good friend and fellow Owen groupie, I saw Wedding Crashers today.

We both loved it, and laughed our way through until some poignant moments brought a little mistiness.

It's a great movie. I highly recommend it. Take your irreverent sense of humor with you!

The movie has great casting (including Dwight Yoakum and Henry Gibson!). Check out his list that I found on IMDB:


Owen Wilson .... John Beckwith
Vince Vaughn .... Jeremy Grey
Christopher Walken .... Secretary Cleary
Rachel McAdams .... Claire Cleary
Isla Fisher .... Gloria Cleary
Jane Seymour .... Kathleen Cleary
Ellen Albertini Dow .... Grandma Mary Cleary
Keir O'Donnell .... Todd Cleary
Bradley Cooper .... Sack Lodge
Ron Canada .... Randolph
Henry Gibson .... Father O'Neil
Dwight Yoakam .... Mr. Kroeger
Rebecca De Mornay .... Mrs. Kroeger
David Conrad .... Trap
Jennifer Alden .... Christina Cleary (as Jenny Alden)

In no particular order, here are some of my favorite lines:

Mrs. Kroeger: You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

John: Hey, listen. What angle are you going to play here?
Jeremy: I am going to go with the balloon animal display. For the kids. And then when she comes near, guess who is the broken man, haunted past? How about you?


John: I am going to go dance with the little flower girl. Oh, and I might be a chartered member of Oprah's book club.

Jeremy: Todd, I notice you haven't even touched your food.
Todd: I don't each fish or meat.
Grandma Cleary: He's a homo.
Claire: Actually Todd is an amazing painter. He goes to the Rhode Island School of Design.
John: Wow, RISD, that's awesome Todd. Well done!
Todd: Yeah, Dad, Dad always thought I would be a political liability in case he ever ran for President.
Secretary Cleary: Now, now Todd. Actually polling shows that most people would ultimately be empathetic with our situation.
Todd: What is our situation, Dad?
Grandma Cleary: You are a homo.

John: Kindly leave!

John: I'd like to be cowboys from Texas or pimps from Oakland but it's not Hallowe'en. Stop messing around; Peter Pan, Count Chocula.

Jeremy: Please don't take a turn to negative town.

Janice: I've got the perfect girl for you!
Jeremy: [sigh] Janice, I apologize to you if I don't seem real eager to jump into a forced awkward intimate situation that people like to call dating. I don't like the feeling. You're sitting there, you're wondering do I have food on my face, am I eating, am I talking too much, are they talking enough, am I interested I'm not really interested, should I play like I'm interested but I'm not that interested but I think she might be interested but do I want to be interested but now she's not interested? So all of the sudden I'm getting, I'm starting to get interested... And when am I supposed to kiss her? Do I have to wait for the door cause then it's awkward, it's like well goodnight. Do you do like that ass-out hug? Where you like, you hug each other like this and your ass sticks out cause you're trying not to get too close or do you just go right in and kiss them on the lips or don't kiss them at all? It's very difficult trying to read the situation. And all the while you're just really wondering are we gonna get hopped up enough to make some bad decisions? Perhaps play a little game called "just the tip". Just for a second, just to see how it feels. Or, ouch, ouch you're on my hair.
Janice: Okay...

Jeremy: Tattoo on the lower back? Might as well be a bullseye.

Jeremy: I got a stage five. Virgin. Clinger.

Jeremy: [speaking to the priest] This girl's fit for a straight-jacket. I mean she's three ways f*cked to the weekend. But you know what, Father? I dig it!

Jeremy: She's not answering your calls, not replying to your letters. God only knows what happened to the kitten you got for her. 'Cause you know she's not raising it and I know you're not raising the goddamn thing.

Jeremy: I'm gonna go see Dr. Finklestein and I'm gonna tell him we have a whole new bag of issues. We can forget about mom for a while.

John: You know how they say we only use 10 per cent of our brains? I think we only use 10 per cent of our hearts.

John: Don't waste your time on girls with hats. They're all very prim and proper.
Jeremy: Yeah? Well, the proper girl in the hat just eye-f*cked the sh%t out of me.
Jeremy: I'm not going to apologize for being a cocksman. [gets glares from wedding guests]
John: [to wedding guests] Tourette's.

John: You look beat. Soft mattress?
Jeremy: Soft mattress? Yeah, it could have been the soft mattress. Or the midnight rape. Or the nude gay art show that took place in my room last night. One of those three probably contributed to the lack of sleep.


Jeremy: Wow. Mr. Environmental is also a hunter. That's an interesting combination.
Sack: I hunt quail, Jeremy. They're overpopulated in this region and they're decimating the grubworm population. You got a f*cking problem with that?
Jeremy: Not as much as I do with your attire, or just your general point of view toward everybody here. But hey, lets go kill some birds. I'm psyched.


Jeremy: Have you ever shot one of these things before?
John: The whole 17 years we've known each other I've been sneaking off to go on little hunting trips around the world. No, I don't even know what the fuck a quail is!
Jeremy: I look totally ridiculous. Like why do I have to be in camouflage? So the big bad quail doesn't see me?
John: I know. Why can't we hunt something cool like a hawk or an eagle, something with some talons?
Jeremy: That'd be awesome. We could get something like big game. Even like a gorilla or a rhinoceros or a fucking human being! That'll get you jacked up.
John: That's a little heavy.
Jeremy: I mean like, hunt a human being right now, "Most Dangerous Game". Like a worthy adversary. Not a human being that's armed, but a clever, a clever, human being who knows the jungle. Or the woods.


No comments: